Sunday, June 17, 2007

Reference: How to Eclipse Your Circumstance

How to Eclipse Your Circumstance
by Pastor Eric

The weight of the world: 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms

Paul knew about the war – and the bad set of circumstance that can assault you -

2 Cor 11:23-28

I have worked harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned (act 14:19 in Lystra), three times I was shipwrecked; I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. NIV

And then he ended up in thrown in a prison cell in Rome and wrote this:

Col 1:29, To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. NIV

There are two opposing forces -Your Circumstance and your Vision

Paul had a vision!!

Acts 16:10

10 After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. NIV

Acts 26:19-22

19 "So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. 20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds. 21 That is why the Jews seized me in the temple courts and tried to kill me. 22 But I have had God's help to this very day, NIV

So what?



5 THINGS TO HELP YOU EXPAND YOUR VISION: from Col 1:29

Col 1:29, To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. NIV

1. To this end

Example: To “hit the target” means you start with a target!

THIS IS SOOO IMPORTANT! Write it down -

Your victorious life begins with a vision

o We have a vision to win souls and make disciples

o To build that new building

o To have 1,000 people and to be in Phase II construction for 2,500 people within 3 years of opening the doors and have a youth group of 500 teens

o Huge daycare and pre-school

o To raise up cell pastors all over this city and region

o To raise up & plant 8 more churches in the next 2 years

o To be the most racially integrated church in Illinois

o To be sowing people and missions teams all over the world!


2. I labor,

I = meaning you have to work in order to see the vision happen

Ø It my mean school

Ø It may mean changing friends

Ø It may mean a life-style change

Ø It certainly will mean an attitude change

Ø And will POSITIVELY mean – SACRIFICE!

q Because of the laws of physics: Newton's laws of motion


1. Newton's first law: law of inertia

When no force acts on an object, it moves in a straight line at constant speed

q In other words UNLESS YOU CHANGE – you’ll end up where you’re headed

2. Newton's second law: fundamental law of dynamics

The acceleration of an object equals the total force acting on it, divided by its (constant) mass

q In other words: You can only move at the speed of the thing that is pushing you

3. Newton's third law: law of reciprocal actions

For every force, there is an equal and opposite net force. Momentum cannot be created or destroyed, but only transferred from one object to another.

q In other words: When you let up – expect a let down!

This is why Paul said – to the end ~ I LABOR!

#3. struggling

Gen 32:23-28

24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." 27 The man asked him, "What is your name?"

"Jacob," he answered. 28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." NIV

#4. with all his energy,

But it’s HIS strength and energy

2 Cor 12:9, For my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Rom 8:26, In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

His power = the Holy Spirit

You will never accomplish the fullness of your vision until you YIELD to the Holy Spirit’s POWER / Dynamo!

#5. which so powerfully works in me.

“In me!!!!!!” It seems we can believe it for others more than ourselves

BUT THIS PROMISE IS FOR YOU!

Acts 2:38, ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off….

The 2 opposing forces that are at war your circumstance and your vision:

Options for solutions:

1. Reduce your problematic circumstance (in your strength)

2. Enlarge your vision! POINT #4!!!!

You should have a BIG BIG vision for your life and ministry

HERE IS THE TRUTH YOU MUST GET INTO YOUR SPIRIT – THAN THE REASON THAT WITH OUT A VISION PEOPLE PARRISH - Because when your vision is larger than your circumstance – you eclipse life’s circumstance.


THREE Steps to Expanding your vision:

1. Know who you are in Christ

2. Know where you want to go

3. And then…. Col 1:29, To that end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works with you! NIV

No comments: